Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Week 2: Family Pork Chops
















Good morning, dear readers!  It is a rainy, rainy week here in western North Carolina.  I have several recipes to share with you that I prepared the second week of 2012.  I noticed that center-cut pork chops were on sale at my favorite grocery store and instantly thought of a recipe that I have been making since David and I were married 27+ years ago.  I found the recipe in a cookbook I received as a wedding gift and it quickly became a favorite recipe.

Family Pork Chops
Source: The Cotton Country Collection

Ingredients:
Salt and pepper to taste
6 pork chops
Onion slices
3/4 cup ketchup
1 cup water
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce   
2 Tablespoons Vinegar 
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon chili powder

   










Salt and pepper the chops and place them in a lightly greased, shallow baking dish. Top each chop with an onion slice. Make a sauce of the remaining ingredients and pour over the chops.



  











Cover and bake at 300 to 325 degrees for about 1 and 1/2 hours.  Uncover for the last 20 minutes. 
Serves 6.  

Enjoy!
Happy Cooking!
Julie 

No comments:

Post a Comment